View Single Post
Old 2008-05-24, 23:40   Link #16
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The DVD of episode one came out yesterday, but all I have seen so far is the preview version that was streamed a month ago.

The show was very, very "different" and quite entertaining, largely for its eye candy of explosions and pinball in space, as the lead girl -- I mean "adapter" -- kept bouncing off things with a flash of light. Everything is CG, including the people.

The voices are quite moe, with Makino Yui as Amuri leading the way, accompanied by Aizawa Michiru, and by Saitou Momoko, who didn't get to say much. Other familiar names in smaller roles are Noto Mamiko and Kaneda Tomoko. Hirano Aya didn't appear in episode one. There are a couple of pleasant insert songs.

It's partly because I didn't understand everything that was said, partly because of the strange new world, and partly because the "story" was fairly obscure, but this was not the easiest show to understand.
Spoiler for ep1:
Maybe it's just that the streamed version was small-format, but the fanservice level didn't seem as high as some comments suggested. Many shows have as much as this did. It felt more like Nanoha than Kanokon or even Moetan, at least so far, unless this streamed version was tamer than the actual DVD. Maybe you could say it's close to Moetan.

EDIT: But I can understand someone being put off by the incessant tiny super-moe voices. If you like such things, they're good versions, but for people who don't, they would be a trial. The show is probably best for moe fans, despite the CG eye candy.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-05-25 at 15:49.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote