View Single Post
Old 2011-05-06, 19:16   Link #597
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
You saying Jozu would've won is the same as me saying he's on par with the others (Although that's not exactly what I was saying). There's little evidence to support either argument.
Croc saw Jozu coming at him, and he wasn't fast enough to dodge/react to the behemoth. He then commented that Jozu's speed complements his monstrous strength, which he didn't expect from such a big guy. Jozu is part of WB's monster trio (Marco, Jozu, and Vista), and he fought equally against Aokiji prior to his distraction. Croc isn't capable of replicating that, and thus it can be inferred he would lose to Jozu. The difference between them is clear, and Croc's logia intangibility means nothing against Jozu's armored Haki.

Quote:
But brief as it was there's evidence in this fight alone that does support my argument. One punch from Jozu had as much of an effect, or imo, the same as one punch from a 30 million bounty head rookie? It's not like Jozu doesn't have any physical strength, ask that skyscraper sized iceberg that he through at the marines. He got hurt by a guy who fought on par with an admiral in a similar fashion to how he got hurt by pre-gear, fresh out of east blue, sub 100mil bounty Luffy. I'm sorry that doesn't make any logical sense to me.
Croc has good resilience. He showed he can take a big beating at Alabasta. He had to be punched through numerous layers of bedrock to finally be put down. I don't see any problem with this.

Jozu's Brilliant Punk is more of a GTFO move. He tackles the person with his forearm. The nature of said attack would do less damage than a punch.

Quote:
Why would Doflamaingo want Croc as an underling so bad if he were as weak as you claimed. Even though he did essentially ask Croc to be his underling, what he spoke of sounded more like a partnership (you and me versus the world type of thing). Why would he be so insistent if Croc were some mediocre pirate?
Whoa, I never claimed Croc was weak. I'm arguing the opposite towards you. Croc is strong, and Doflamingo sees that. That's obviously the logical explanation as to why he would give Croc such an offer. Doflamingo hates weaklings, so if Croc were a weakling (which he isn't), he wouldn't try to form an "alliance" with him.

Quote:
Of course he would've pwned Crocodile, I didn't mean to include WB in my original argument. I was using him mostly as an example as to how much power he has now compared to earlier. Crocodile is a smart guy if he didn't feel like he could reasonably take on WB, I don't think he would've approached with so much confidence.
Typical bad guy arrogance; that is all. You're looking too deeply into this.

Quote:
Crap, I forgot about the hook thing But that only proves he's stronger than I thought, not strong enough to do the things he did in the war.
Not really. He handicapped himself and underestimated his opponent (just like a typical James Bond villain ). Again, Alabasta Croc is no different than Marineford Croc. There's no reason to believe so. Subsequent to his defeat, he was confined at Impel Down and restrained with seastone handcuffs. That being said, he couldn't have trained during the period of time leading up to the war, so obviously he didn't get any stronger.

Quote:
Again, much like with the bounty debate earlier, I'm well aware this isn't DBZ. I first became suspicious of this when I looked at the cover and it said "One Piece." But even taking you're evidence into consideration I still think Crocodile took an Evel Knievel type leap from fighting Luffy to essentially dominating in the war. You can say what you want about each individual fight he was in. If he were that much weaker than all those guys he clashed with you'd think one of them would've beat him. Is he strong or is he just that lucky?
What I'm saying to you is that Croc never changed at all. He was always that strong. Underestimating your opponent and deliberately handicapping yourself can make you lose even to a rookie if you're not careful. That's exactly what happened back at Alabasta.

Quote:
And what about Mr. 1, I'm pretty sure he didn't have this kind of power before either. Unlike Crocodile, I don't recall him mentioning anything about a handicap in his fight with Zoro. Sure, you could argue he wasn't taking that fight seriously either, but that still doesn't explain the outcome. One slash from Zoro and he's out cold. Two attacks from Mihawk and he's relatively fine? He even mentioned how he had gotten out of shape in prison suggesting he may have been stronger before. I guess if you squint your eyes this would all make sense, but realistically there seems to be something missing.
Mr. 1 fought fodder during the war, so of course he did well. Any competent fighter can take out grunts. One thing you'll notice with Mihawk is that he has to concentrate on whatever material he's cutting. When he directed his slash at WB, he intended to cut flesh. But he certainly didn't expect a diamond man to intercept and block his slash. The same things applies to Mr.1. Mihawk was pursuing Luffy and threw a slash at him with the intent to cut flesh. Then out of nowhere Mr.1 blocks the slash with his metal body. Mihawk wasn't focused on cutting metal; he was focused on cutting flesh/skin. Immediately after that interception, however, Mihawk cut Mr.1 down CLEANLY. So I don't see what the problem is here. That scene depicted that Mr.1 is no match for Mihawk, which makes perfect sense.

Just because you intercept/stop someone, it doesn't mean you're in their league. I can't stress this enough.