View Single Post
Old 2009-09-18, 12:10   Link #128
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zain101 View Post
Minor question, hope I get the answer.

I've seen several subs of this wonderful piece, however saying my Japanese is shaky would be an overstatement, and there's no script as far as I know, so I need a real answer.

At the beginning of EP1 and the end of 25 where Taiga and Ryuuji do their "There is something in this world~" speech, what is the last line spoken? EP1 the line is during a shot of their shoes, 25 it's when the 2 birds fly away.

I've seen "That's just how it is.", "This is how it's created.", and "It goes like this."

Which one is either right, or the best fit?
The line is 「そういうふうにできている。」

I think its proper translation was discussed at some point but from all I've seen it is kinda ambiguous. Asking a native speaker is prolly your best bet. From what I know, the そういうふうに part means "in that sort of manner/way/flavor/method/etc" and the verb できている is, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictionary
できる [出来る] (v1, vi) to be able (in a position) to do, to be up to the task, to be ready, to be completed, to be made, to be built, to be good at, to be permitted (to do), to become intimate, to take up (with somebody), to grow, to be raised