View Single Post
Old 2010-10-25, 13:25   Link #108
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
No, there is no one solution to a problem. Which would mean that there are countless other possibilities that they could convey that message without resorting to fanservice, yet they still chose to. You killed off those other possibilities because you are aware that one of the others is possibly the best way to convey the message without resorting to fanservice. There was the LN's way and it worked... so why change it? There are a ton of other possibilities, but you choose to overlook all of the other ways...
Where am I saying that? Nowhere. I simply said that this solution is one that works. And I explicitly state that there were other workable solutions, but you literally cannot have variations in storytelling without varying some part of the story. It's just a fact. The differences may have been subtle, but they'd be there.

As far as I can tell, you are dismissing the solution that came up solely because the ecchi offends you. You haven't argued that it's not effective storytelling, just that you don't like it. So that begs the question, if you're so open to different solutions, why do you keep insisting it was 'stupid'?

You dislike it. That's fair and fine. It is nevertheless effective, and there's not really a reason to complain unless there was a way that actually conveyed the story more powerfully. Whether or not it's done in the way one would morally prefer is irrelevant to its value, and I do sincerely hope that you aren't actually going to criticize a studio for going a money-making route when it it has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to hamper the story, because that's just hipster condescension.

Last edited by Ricky Controversy; 2010-10-25 at 13:38.