View Single Post
Old 2012-05-23, 18:19   Link #60
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I don't know, even in the real world, humans have learned the convenience of paper and electronic currencies over coins long before we're able to colonize the outer space.
But we also learn that paper money (which has no actual value but only represents an agreed upon value by the government which prints it, which then is traded on the market solely on the belief that the government sanctioning that paper money isn't about to go bust or collapse) is the first to lose its meaning when war comes. This is because when war hits the first to go is the banking system due to a number of factors like social panic which causes money and currency exchange to fluctuate in unpredictable ways, and when that happens cash and "money in the bank" in the form of credits literally means jack all (not to mention banks don't actually hold that much cash, we've had incidents like these many times when the public panics and wants to draw their "savings" the banks runs out of cash to give out). And this is when rare minerals rules (and even then probably not even as much as necessities like food and water).

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Even if that were true, that still means more work for her since they didn't even give her gold, but golden coins, not to mention she still has to sell the gold itself.
Gold coins is actually easier to trade and sell because they have known purity. Nobody would want unprocessed gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And she still has to explain where the gold comes from.
No more than she has to explain unknown amounts of cash with serial numbers, at least gold coins don't have them.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2012-05-23 at 19:17.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote