Thread: Licensed Robotics;Notes
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-22, 17:19   Link #1190
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
A plot that should, on the surface, be epic in nature, ends up being very small-scale and personal in actuality.
I think you've framed this well. The show, for me, certainly did seem to initially promise something different and better with that glorious monster robot, the aurora borealis in the sky, and the after affects that both Aki and Kai suffered from that incident. But it all seemed to get bogged down in the muck and mire of ridiculous and incomprehensible plot twists and illogical (if any) reasoning behind the events and concepts of the show.

Quote:
I can't help but wonder if it's more a reduced emotional connection to the characters than all the other reasons people are grasping at to like one over the other.
I, for one, am not comparing it to S;G or C;H, since I stopped watching the former, and never watched the latter. But I do freely admit that my decisions to watch, or not watch, and whether, when it's all said and done, my opinions of a show as a whole, are frequently influenced by the characterizations of the protagonists (or antagonists). I was influenced to continue watching this show because of Aki's character, but my dislike of the show as a whole, hasn't anything to do with the characters. It really just ended up being, well, stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
And I'm still VERY disappointed by this show, especially the ending, and all the asspulls.
This really does seem to be the common consensus.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote