View Single Post
Old 2009-12-04, 23:39   Link #68
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Suou and Shion probably both existed when we saw them with their parents at the aquarium a few episodes ago, when they were 3-6 years old. But that was also a memory of Suou's, so we can't be sure.

But it was not a memory of Suou's when the meteor hit in episode one, when both Shion and some form of Suou existed, at 12 years old. Shion was injured -- his eye was bleeding. His father called out for him, but Shion called to Suou. The ghost we saw then could even have been Yin. Don't know who. But since he lost/changed his eye then, it still seems likely to me that was when Shion became a contractor.

When the lab was going to be raided in ep1, Shion went to his father and told him, and confirmed from him that escape routes had been set up for him and his father. No mention of Suou. I still think papa being so concerned that Suou not spend too much time in Shion's room was significant, but I'm not sure of what.

At that time, April was working in the lab. Shion spoke in Suou's mind and told her to go to April for a way out. He also told her to keep the pendant, since that would allow them to get back together. April told Suou (thinking she was Shion) that she worked for MI6 (which I should have realized from season one). So Pavlichenko was connected with British security.

The false ocean must be the aquarium.

This was an excellent episode because it added more plot interest to the deep human interest the show already had for me. Suou continues to be a great character. She's a fascinating human being -- even if she isn't really human, lol. Hanazawa Kana's best performance yet.

The little joke between Kiko and her friend at the beginning, and the flying car, were both like easter eggs, planted by the director for his and our tangential amusement. I scrambled around looking for a flying car in a previous episode, then realized it was likely in Railgun, lol.

I think Hei looks good in all his guises.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.