View Single Post
Old 2010-09-04, 21:26   Link #4287
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanpoo View Post
[...]
I've asked before, but I wonder what the difference between an esper's flame and a magician's flame is on the most basic of levels. Do pyrokinetics project a flame from their AIM field spontaneously, or do they speed up the particles in the air, creating friction, and thus fire (the latter would be a far more scientific method than the first; the first explanation wouldn't seem, to me at least, to be any more explainable than magic)? As for a magician's flames, are they created similarly through the array/spell creating friction, or do magicians simply manifest/summon them from a "higher plane"? I suppose Stiyl's Innocentius would fit the latter description, though is it truly a "monster" or just a mass of flame capable of being manipulated?
Let's go back to basics: AIM, An Involuntary Movement, is the tiny amounts of power a esper give out unconsciously. ie Mikoto's electromagnetic waves that make cats afraid of her, and for a Pyrokinetic it would be heat.

Combine that with 'Personal Reality' and how a esper's level is dependant on how much they can bring their personal reality into the 'objective reality' (for a lack of better term), A esper create fireballs, thundershocks etc from their AIM field that overwrites 'normal' reality. It can be argued all espers are in a way 'Reality Warpers' to a small extent, overwriting the world with their own 'delusions', so to speak.