Thread: Licensed Death Note Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2004-06-22, 02:03   Link #2
aoikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFFSPRiNGCo16
Hey guys. I just started reading Death Note the other day and I must say, I have become completely addicted. Obata Takeshi doesnt fail to amaze me in this work. I made this thread to discuss the manga and here your opinions on it. I think that the plot in this is pure genius. Raito versus L. The battle wits to see who can outdue the other to succede in their plans. The morals and internal conflict that the characters experience is truly unique in the sense that its used. (Okay, not completely but you know where I'm comin' from)
Spoiler:

Edit (Posting quick summary of what its about): Basically, its about this Shinigami who drops his "Death Book" in the human world and a high school student picks it up. With it, you are able to kill anyone you want by just writing their name in it and thinking about their face. The real story picks up when this guy named "L" makes an effort to stop the main character, Raito, from killing people. (Even though he was only really killing criminals to try to make the world a utopia) The story is about their conflicts and trying to stop each other to insure the success of their own goals.
Death Note is really very interesting!
I do enjoy the battle between Raito and L. Both of them are so clever that they think about questions more deeply than ordinary people.
In the latest Page 27, the owner of the second deathnote told Raito the day and the place they are going to meet each other. The story gets much more interesting. Can't wait to see the next Page.
aoikaze is offline   Reply With Quote