View Single Post
Old 2012-10-27, 23:25   Link #90
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I dunno, wanting to use VR technology for mind control and memory manipulation? Sounds pretty realistic to me, I imagine governments all over the world would love to have something to alter memories to that degree.
How much you want to bet this isn't even going to have that significant of a focus throughout the remainder of the show? At this point all it really is is a catalyst for the reasoning of why he abducted the conciousness of 300 people. I have my doubts it'll come up again as the ALO game and Asuna's rescue is where the focus needs to stay.

But that's not what I'm upset with, tell me, how would you envision the director behind a project that is developing technology that could flawlessly manipulate the way people's minds and memories would behave and plans to sell it? Would he behave the way Sugou is? I sure don't think he would, especially if his motivation is simply for the money.

Someone with this kind of personality is more like a character who would use such technology to conquer the world or something silly like that. It just doesn't fit with the concepts SAO presents.