View Single Post
Old 2007-02-04, 22:56   Link #803
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Bearing in mind that Vito Corleone (partriarch of the Godfather Saga) knew NOTHING except how to butcher, kill, steal and maim, and still manages to run a Highly Successful Olive Oil Company.

If you have a legion of followers who are willing to give up to life and limb for you, and who know how to add-minus-and-subrtrac, hell with all the resources pooled together any Ex-Warlord can easily open something like a successful chain of restaurants, courier service, sports gym or even a darned Art Gallery if he or she is so inclined to do so.

Some may say "too damn late now." But hell, with a legion of veterans who fought Bin Laden himself, I seriously doubt would anyone dare to crash a Saturday Night at "Balalaika's Russian Cuisine" without writing a will first. She is RICH and powerful enough to step off her high horse any time she wants now, with enough people afraid of her to allow her to do so without opposition.

Note that my previous post was not so much an attack on Crispy as it was a defence of Roberta who having no resources or power to be a good person, still tries to be one. And note her confession of murdering non-combatants was one of shame, not pride.

Crispy, on the other hand, did gleefully send a crossed out picture of Yukio-Chan to Rock, basically as a way of snarling "Haha, I win." And also bear in mind, she was going to butcher her even before she took the mantle of boss "just to be sure." (With her trademark snarl, of course). And even if Yukio-Chan DID turn the other cheek and not fight back, do you think Crispy would have spared her anyway? No sir she wouldn't have. Seriously, not even Ice-Cool My Chang takes this much unprofessional pleasure in being a boss. Crispy joined and stayed in the underworld because she likes and is proud of what she is, even if she did have the resources and followers to try anything else she could have wanted.
You are still avoiding the point.
Balalaika is a crime boss. She may or may not be able to quit, but as I said that wasn't the issue.
The issue is, Yukio chose to become a crime boss herself. Do you know what it mean? It means if she survived, Yukio would become just like Balalaika. She would kill others just like her, in just the same manner.

And turn the other cheek and not fight back? What do you mean by that? There is no mercy in the criminal underworld! Yukio as a Yakuza leader has only two choices; kill the competition, or be killed by the competion. Are you out of your mind, to think there is any logical reason why Balalaika would not kill Yukio? Just because she is a young girl?

I will say this as often as I need, Ronin; we are watching an anime about a bunch of criminals. This includes this "Yukio-chan" you so affectionately called. Yukio died because she lost the game of crime. If she lived, Yukio would spend the rest of her life selling weapons and drugs, and killing hundreds like anyone else in her profession. And yes, she would kill Balalaika and even Rock if need be.