View Single Post
Old 2011-08-24, 23:36   Link #128
Ermes Marana

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
And that's the first page, I've seen every other thing on the first page (14 titles), and a fair few on the next one.

It seems like you are putting way too much weight on very slight differences in score.

Ocean Waves is all the way down on page 17 of that list with a 7.22. Page 2 goes down to a score of 8. So from page 2 to 17 there is only a drop of .78. That is a .05 drop per page in an unscientific internet poll.

Looking at just the first couple pages is totally arbitrary.

The scores go until page 49, so you would put Ocean Waves in the 65th percentile.

I can guarantee you are missing tons of great anime using that method.

Even some of the most highly acclaimed anime of the 90s (Serial Experiments Lain, Crest of the Stars, Kare Kano, Jin-Roh, Master Keaton, Nadesico, Only Yesterday,...) didn't make the top 2 pages there.

If you haven't already, I would suggest to keep going down the list, starting with Berserk, and then research the shows you missed on page 2, and then keep going because the score changes are so small it doesn't make sense to put a cut off there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
If I wanted Heidi, or the Dog of Flanders, I'd actually read those books.
I do kind of agree with you here, there are other (probably) superior ways to experience these.

Actually, the reason I never watched Akage no Anne is because I already watched the tv miniseries Anne of Green Gables from 1985, which is amazing. Maybe I should watch it anyway, but I don't think it could compare for me.

Last edited by Ermes Marana; 2011-08-25 at 00:01.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote