Thread: Licensed Highschool of the Dead
View Single Post
Old 2010-09-21, 11:25   Link #4613
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Watched the last episode last night and i must say even with some slight changes mainly what happens at the airport since i really enjoyed that scene in the manga. i was more than satisfied. Even the Nukes were put in i did have some doubt if they would actually animate the nuke scenes given Japans stance on nuclear weapons.

Saya's mom my #1 in the series besides Saeko. she is one bad ass MILF and any man would be lucky to have such a wife or mother which Saya's dad recognizes. I mean damn shes a better shot than most guys and had a freakin LUGER!! Its easy why Kouta started calling her mom lol it must have been a dream for him.

Saya's parents over all had the unflinching confidence in Takashi and Kouta to care and protect their daughter. No parent would leave their child with people they didnt think they could trust. In the end both boys were acknowledged and in a special way Takashi was because even in the manga and it was true in the anime i felt that Saya's dad saw a bit of himself in Takashi hes watched him grow since he was a little boy and he judged him accordingly. Although their fates are left to our imaginations in the anime as well as the manga there is no way the worlds most GAR couple could taken down by a few hundred zombies.

The scene of the mansion being overrun was done very well. That scene portrayed perfectly the world they live in now. At any given moment that safe haven can turn into your death bed. The scene gave us a chance for our hero's to show of their veteran zombie killing skills. Saeko of course excels she makes it looks so damn easy she even used a one arm flip Rei got a little action to meh . Anyone who says Alice doesn't service a purpose this episode proved them wrong. Alice delivering ammo cuts down on reload time. She actually does more later in the manga as well with Zeke but we wont see that unless we get a 2nd season which im fairly sure we will. As the manga readers know they left ended it at the perfect location.

Saeko on top of the humvee was damn cool especially when Shizuka put it on the side to get through the gap she swung down to the hatch upside down that was crazy. Although Takashi saved her pretty little head from being tore off lol.

over all im happy with the anime adaptation it was fun, sexy and violent with great VA talent. Im really hoping for a 2nd season or an OVA season. It will be missed i dont know where i will get my zombie anime fix from now