View Single Post
Old 2012-10-18, 12:59   Link #1037
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Moe coefficient over 9000. Action recommended: taking her home.

The second episode was very good. There was a lot of exposition which helped us better understand what happened in the first episode. Kogami acknowledged Akane chose the correct course of action, and so will the CID, apparently. Glad she didn't get into trouble.

The enforcers have a tendency to blindly follow the gun's instructions and not think things through. The inspectors are there to keep them in check, so Akane did her job. The enforcers seem to be little more than slaves. They are confined within the CID and forced to hunt other criminals. It's either that or being stuck in a facility. They really don't have much of choice.

We learned a little more about the enforcers in this ep. Kogami has a goal in life, most likely taking revenge on someone (I'm expecting him to have a very depressing backstory). Masuoka was a former inspector whose CC rose as he become more efficient at his job, at least that's how I interpreted what he said in this episode and the previous one. Kagari has been flagged as a latent criminal when he was five years old (seriously!?) and has lived confined ever since, becoming an enforcer was his only chance to go outside once in a while. A rather sad life.

Akane is apparently naturally healthy mentally. Obviously, this is not going to last . She's going to be mind-broken sooner or later. I expect the series to end with her becoming an enforcer.