View Single Post
Old 2012-11-24, 19:57   Link #59
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
You made Saki more of a pervert.
Well... during the Saki/Maria love scene of Episode 8, I never got the impression that Saki was just "going through the motions", so to speak. And there was one scene where Saki made the first move for a kiss, not Maria. So I think that Saki finds it... pleasant. Your "comfortable" probably describes it just as well though.

Saki is content and generally happy with Maria. But Saki wants Shun, and wants nothing more than to be with him. For Saki, it's like a lowkey romance vs. Romeo and Juliet. The difference in degree is massive.

Edit: Anyway, I don't find any of this perverted. It's just normal romantic passion. "Perverted" would be if Saki had erotic pictures of Maria all over her bedroom wall. So no, I don't think that Saki is perverted.

Quote:

But Shun is different from Maria. I always want to see him whether close or far. My heart is throbbing whenever he is around. Yes, i know he is supposed to be Satoru's "partner-lover" but why am I feeling uneasy with them together. What does Shun has that Maria don't. What makes him special than everyone else in my eyes. Now that he broke up with Satoru.... am I supposed to be happy? Shun (holds necklace) where are you Shun?
Very well-done. Good writing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
This is what pissed me off about saki this episode! her father was sticking his neck out for her, and all she could do was disrepect her parents like that,
Saki's father impressed me in this episode. He did indeed stick his neck out for her, and shot straight with her when he knew that it would be wrong to try to keep her in the dark.

That being said... Saki is a teenage girl. Who do you think means more to your average teenage girl in the heat of the moment: Their father, or the guy that they're madly in love with?

So I'm willing to cut Saki some slack here. She blew up a bit at her parents not out of any disrespect or lack of love for them, but out of deep, passionate concern for Shun.