View Single Post
Old 2008-02-20, 08:12   Link #20207
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Hello, I'm finally back (again) after a triple disaster of three tests crammed into one week (two still pending), cleaning up assignments, and basically suffering from a severe load of university works.

Anyway, I'll do backlog where appropriate (God, it has grown so much in a week's time! ) in a simplified version.

-------

@Lowe: The Belkarangers are finally assembled. Now, to wait patiently for Lord Zed to appear and embiggen some monsters ... Whoops. Anyway, the chemistry between the three can only be described as ... AWESOME!

@Kha: Excluding all the cracks you've managed to inject generously into all the Rebuilts (though they tickled my funnybones very much ), I think they're all wonderfully done, especially for Fate (eep, Papa Testarossa!). I might be borrowing something here and there, if you don't mind. Though, Signum's Super Etna description is exactly like Storm Phoenix ... :3

@FieryAeon: Yeah, the food poisoning was bad (first time I got one, in any case). Now I'm staying far, far away from foods cooked in the morning and sold in the afternoon, especially if they're rich with coconut milk. Anyway, yeah, sure, I'll pass you the chapter when it's done. And unfortunately, cliffhangers are always present, I can't help it. And sometimes, I have to admire your ability to guess, it's around that figure.

@Nighty: A smooth transition through StrikerS, and some interesting revelations, too. Something EPIC is cooking, as always. And the next thing on Al-Hazard sounds delicious (I'm going to read it later)! LOL at the page claim declaration, though.

@Kagerou: Scene V is superb! Somehow, those creatures with scythe-ended legs seem familiar, but anyway, looks like Keroko is in some ouchies! Orbital Bombardment right away, too ... Valentine's special, however, is totally unexpected, and I to you!

@Tormenk: You still remember the gender confusion thingy? And that was a cheap 20000th-page claim! The story's mighty interesting, though.

@Anita: Hello, and I see that you're already acquainted with most of everyone here. Anyway, welcome, and Kha looks most uncomfortable with you around. You seem to be leading Kha by the neck, I just love it. *runs from Kha*

@Fuyu no Sora: Hello. You can find GuardianS's link under my name in Erio's master link in the front page. Nothing biggie at the moment, so you can have a read if you want. Do heed Liingo's warning though, it's long (heck, I can't even remember where I get all those ideas from).

@Aaron: Your summarization of Hayate will be looked upon as soon as possible. Processing chunks of text at rapid speed currently. :3 Oh, and on the same note in Hayate's improvement, I gave her two self-targeting offensive spells, which is supposed to be used to her defense. Okay, that sounds wrong, but offense at times is the best defense.

@USB: I think I missed a few chapters from the backlog. I'll re-read from the part I missed first before I read the ending. It's linked at the main page, yes?

@dkellis: I am pretty much in support of your opinion on idea presentation. If you want to present ideas, be prepared to get shot. If you want to rip ideas, be prepared to make it polite. After all, this is part of shaping your characters up as much as possible. Things might not always go your way (particularly if you don't play by the rules), but they are commonly constructive. If you cannot bend, then break. That's how I see it.

========

Some breaking news from me.

Good news: Chapter Six is almost ready, only one more scene (Ginga x Subaru) to write before it enters publication. Respective portions have been sent to Aaron and Keroko for proofreading, after which will probably be posted by this week.

Bad news: Plenty.

First, word count exceeds Chapter Four (21K) by a healthy 4k, possible 5 - 6k by the end of the writing.

Second, the massive length indicates lots of text, and by that, it will possibly be difficult to follow. A lot of information, but since they're walls of text, so ... And again, no mystery solved as of yet, though I introduced more mysteries, so it'll still keep you guessing.

Third, I think there will be a lot of questions going on, a lot of repairs to be made here and there, since a lot of conversations are made. I don't even know if they're ridiculous or rational, and the sheer length of several scenes will be mind-boggling.

Fourth, character characterization related, Signum will probably come under a lot of scrutiny in this chapter, since I don't know whether she fits the canonical representation or not (a lot of combinations made, which may go haywire). Even Chrono, the Aces, and some seem wrong to me ... somehow.

Fifth, I apologize in advance if this chapter fails to meet expectations.

That's about it.

On a slightly cheerful note, I think a short synopsis of what GuardianS is about will be nice, similar to the previews we find at the back of DVDs. It'll give an overall gist of what is going to happen, though in the typical metaphorical sense, and also make it easier for newcomers to see if it suits their taste. What do you all think?