View Single Post
Old 2009-08-25, 20:29   Link #78
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
They fought twice. The first time was inside of the freezer where Oars was being housed, and just by sitting on his ass and using his brick bats, Luffy couldn't even touch Moria. I know that Luffy hadn't used his gears at that point, but then again Moria was playing around the whole time. The second time they fought, Moria was already defeated due to the 100 shadow power up Luffy received. This is the only information we have to go by, and everything else you mentioned is irrelevant.

Oars was an extension of Moria's power. Moria was only using his devil fruit to its utmost potential (implanting shadows into corpses), so using Oars as a tool was completely fair game. However, the 100 shadow power up Luffy got did not come from his own abilities, and therein lies the difference between both of their power ups. Luffy, with his own abilities, was not capable of achieving the ludicrous level of power he had in his nightmare form; he had to get help from outside interference to attain that high level, so how can you say Luffy is stronger than him? This is why you can't just look at the results when making strength comparisons.

Also, like I suspected, Moria didn't show his full arsenal of moves back at Thriller Bark. Making a shadow lance was pretty creative on his part. I wonder what other tricks he has up sleeve.
No the information we have is luffy fought moria first time moria was fooling around until he get kick then he trick luffy . The second time luffy was fighting oars with moria in him he got knock for while after storm he was not defeated . Cause he got back up for a third and fought luffy while taken in a 1000 shadows and luffy beat him with a gear2 and 3 attack combine.

Because our view on power ups are not the same , oars is not part of moria power , he can control shadows. If luffy was to meet moria in the war right now there is no oars to help him . So moria finding a body of a super giant ,have hogback make a cock pit in him while make sure he is top form also having spiders help steal luffy shadow is fair game but luffy having the will power to hold in 100 shadow is not fair bullshit.

Moria would have not even fight the SH if was not for kuma telling him the WG think he might lose he was going let oars do all the work mean while the SH would gotten the salt in oars mouth . Which means he would still not have him to fight with .

Plus nightmare luffy did not beat moria gear 2 and 3 combine beat him , and if you happen to forget luffy same power up almost total wipe him out of all the power he had he could hardly stand after it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Actually, we still haven't seen Hancock in full action. She still has Haoushoku Haki, and whatever that ability can do (besides knock out large amounts of people).

As for Moria, we, or at least I, already assumed that he could form shadow weapons, the only question is what he could do with them (i.e. are they singular weapons; can he split them up into smaller weapons; etc).
If that small pic is right it look like all moria did was make his shadow go up with a point and oars jr fell on it have to wait until the raw is out to see better . If that is so i don't call that forming a weapon .