View Single Post
Old 2011-11-03, 07:55   Link #228
MalakTawus

@Gooral

Quote:
That makes even less sense than Miria using her neck muscles. Unless Claymores do not have bones (which I guess is possible seeing how Raquel could stand after having half of her body destroyed) no matter how strong her abdomen would be it wouldn't be enough to lift her up because of the center of gravity wouldn't be high enough. Normal human could maybe lift his body 5 cm up using his abdomen muscles, trained human 10-15 cm. And that's not as much limited by the strength of his muscles but elasticity of his body. But in both cases it would mean she had more power in these muscles (if we take into account forces working on a 1 square cm) than her legs which is absurd as I've said earlier when talking about neck muscles.
Bullshit.
A warrior like Miria obviously has an immense explosive power in her movements (and of course great elasticity in all her body) so it's absolutely coherent from what we have seen in Claymore that Miria could stand up in a single movement thanx to her great explosive power,great elasticity and a body that's not even that heavy.
If you add to that the fact that probably while using yoki warriors can "distort" their body even more,it wouldn't be so strange for her waist to be a lot more "free to move" than normal humans.
Also for calculatring the momentum that she used to stand up we have to consider some extra kilos (at least 3kg) from the sword,that moved at high speed in an instant can produce a good extra force to help Miria to stand up.

BUT what's really funny,is that Miria didn't even completely stand up actually,she didn't go further than getting on her knees.....and she actually didn't run at all!!!!!!
You make it sound like she stood up and ran towards Histy to stab her,lol.
All Miria did was turning in a split second (not completely stood up,just on her knees at best) and stab Histy with the sword anticipating her attack. Miria didn't run at all!You are just seeing something that's not even there just because from the very beginning wanted to complain (even before the chapter was out.....).

And at least that kind of "turn up on her knees with the sword in her mouth" is something that sure as hell is withing Miria's capabilities, it's actually nothing special considering all the things that are canon in Claymore.....

.....to complete that action Miria only need a single instant where Histy dropped her focus,nothing more, so the whole action is in truth 100% belivable since Histy was sure the battle was already over and her attention was clearly very low.
It's not a multi action movement,it's a SINGLE movement!

GAME OVER, Gooral. You lost,lol.

@Nixl

Quote:
Perhaps, but consider Malak that Yagi has been following a linear progression of villains. We have gone through Yoma, powerful Yoma (Church arc), Awakened Beings, the Abysmal Ones, Abysmal Feeders, Priscilla/Destroyer, and now the 3 FOs. If Yagi continues this progression or scale then I believe it is very likely we could see the DoDs be even stronger in a sense.
Maybe you are right....but then i could object that it's not really true that Yagi always followed a linear progression:
Prissy and Teresa were introduced at the beginning (well,not really the beginning,but you get what i mean,right?) of the story....and nothing comes even close to their powers even now.......that's why Yagi could simply conside Prissy an exception,so the DoDs don't have to be stronger than her.
It would makes sense if the strongest DoDs are more or less at AOs level,maybe a little stronger (just a little!).

Quote:
You are correct that Yagi could limit Claire's powerlevels, but that partially goes along with my argument. With the DoDs Yagi can do anything he wants whether that be limit Claire's abilities or make them excessively powerful. Nonetheless, Claymore has, to a degree, centered on female warriors slaying Yoma/AB and Claire's revenge. With the death of Priscilla and the potential entrance of the DoDs we could see these two premises gone and replaced and that could change much about the story.
I agree that introducing new enemies with absurd powers would be quite bad for the story, that's why imo it's a lot better to limit Claire 's power.
For example if she defeat Prissy,she has to do it in an awakened state,this way it's not a problem for the story in the future since it would makes sense for her to not want to awaken again.
...but it's true that killing Prissy would change a lot of things and Claire would need a new drive to keep her going on (another tragedy? Please no!)....

That's why imo it's better that Prissy dies ONLY if Yagi is confident to twist the story in a VERY powerful way with a great new mission Claire. Tbh it's not a scenario easy to imagine at this point,but who knows,maybe Yagi will be able to do it.
For now i think that keeping Prissy alive but with a new relationship with Claire (real rivals,like said before) is my favorite scenario that i can imagine.
Their rivality is too good to be consumed in a single duel imo,i think Prissy vs Claire has to remain Claire's north-pole for the whole story (while the story goes on,obviously).

OFFTOPIC:
Spoiler for offtopic:

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2011-11-03 at 08:27.