View Single Post
Old 2012-05-29, 11:32   Link #207
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Tokiomi did what he believed was best for his two daughters as Altima of the Gate's post indicated quite nicely. Compared to Zouken, who acts with the full intention of inflicting suffering, Tokiomi's values are just different (moral relativity ahoy).
True Tokiomi doesn't deserve nearly as much hate but I think most of the hate Kariya had for Tkiomi was passed over from his hate for Zouken, anyway.

Quote:
Insanity seems like a cheap excuse. Is it typical of insane people to act completely outside their range of thought? Just because he's insane it automatically means his actions don't reflect his true feelings? What makes this case any different from him just venting his pent up emotions?
Well yes. Your true feelings make up of both your desires and your inhibitions. Your inhibitions (which we all have to varying degrees) are just as much a part of you. To lose your inhibitions means you're not yourself any more. Do you really think that Kariya's true feelings involved killing Aoi? All killing Aoi really proved is that he built up a lot of anger. But just because he built up that anger doesn't make his any less of a person. How could he not be angry? He wasn't hiding his anger at the pretence of his heroism. His anger was a direct result of his act of heroism.

Quote:
In fact, I'd turn your claim around and say that not only was he not prepared to be hated for his actions. He wanted to be loved for it. That's what I believe he wished, along with killing Tokiomi. "Saving Sakura" was just a means to an end for him, imo.
So he's willing to sacrifice himself and go under immense torture? I'm pretty sure he was genuinely distraught at seeing all those worms covering Sakura from head to toe in basement in Episode 1. And his first reaction was to try and jump in there to save her.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote