Thread: Aikatsu!
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-23, 12:01   Link #9
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm not liking this as much as I hoped, but still watching. Aimed just a tad younger than Yumeiro Patissiere, with clumsier storytelling, and more blatant with the tie-in. ("For idols, these cards are their life." Yeah, right.)

The lead seiyuu, however, is outstanding. Her voice has subtlety and feeling. The seiyuu, Morohoshi Sumire 諸星すみれ, is only 13 but has a long history in TV drama, dubbing, and anime. She was Lili in No. 6 and Kurara in Kuragehime, as well as having acted in over 20 TV dramas and dubbed over 20 foreign TV shows and films. She also has a role this season in OniAi. Here is her blog.

When she was nine, and playing Nina Tucker in FMA2, Paku Romi said that her acting was so good that a shiver ran through the cast at the recording, and it made the adult actors do their best just to equal her. And Kugimiya Rie apparently agreed. (All according to Japanese Wikipedia, sources given.)

The seiyuu playing Aoi (right) is also pretty good and rather young. She is Tadokoro Azusa 田所あずさ, 18. This is her first named role, but she had a minor role in NakaImo. She won the HoriPro agency's national audition in 2011, getting a place on their roster and a recording contract with Lantis.

And it's also good to hear Kotobuki Minako as the top idol, Kanzaki Mizuki.

When I first watched the OP, I was very happy to see the good 2D dancing. But the actual 3D dancing in the show looks bad to me, graceless stick-figures.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-10-23 at 14:58.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote