Thread: Crunchyroll White Album (All Episodes, 1-26)
View Single Post
Old 2009-01-05, 17:58   Link #100
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoods View Post
The only thing I didn't find quite right was how Yuki was bullied... man, make up something new, please.
Well, except for the fac that... this isn't new.
The original game was released when you were 8 years old, man.

Jesus, I played this game like 10 years ago... I don't even remember anything from it, aside from the infamous "bitch slaps".
I do remember Rina's song though, since it sometimes resurfaces on my playlist shuffles.

One's memory is so selective. I can recall hell of a lot more from To Heart than WA, even though I played TH before this one.
Back then, love triangles, cheating, and soap-opera drama wasn't too common in eroge field, and made WA stand out a bit.
But as the above poster notes, those aren't uncommon in today's market. I have the feeling WA won't stand out as unique anymore. (I haven't watched the anime yet, btw)

Edit: Looking at screenshots at blogs though, it looks like the era setting of the story changed....
In the original game, it was in the near-future (with maid-robot references from To Heart), but they pushed back several decades to be late 80s.
I was gonna pass this up as "I'll watch it someday" pile, but I should go check out the first episode now. 80s is a lot more relatable era for me.