View Single Post
Old 2008-01-13, 20:22   Link #1037
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Starting a thread in the Fan Creation forum would be acceptable. Another would be that if you can justify a reason for a Digital Photography thread (different in purpose to the one Jinto Lin mentioned above), then create it in the General Chat forum.
I hadn't realized that we had a photography thread - thank you Jinto Lin for linking to it. That thread certainly covers my desire to share my pictures, although there seems to be very little discussion about technique and the pictures themselves. Since it's acceptable, I may create my own thread in the fan creations section for images that I would like feedback on, and help to keep the photography thread alive with other pictures.

As to whether digital photography would require a separate thread, I don't think so. If people were having highly technical discussions about the cameras and the technology, then it probably would. Most people these days are using digital cameras, so I don't think that there'd be an issue even then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai
I would probably recommend you try deviantart first and try here after you have posted your photos there, and link your account from there to here in your signature and other forums you go to.
That may be the best idea for receiving fully artsy commentary. I do actually have a DeviantArt account that I used while I was actively doing 3D render art. I'd have to see if DeviantArt changed their policies, but it makes me uneasy for photos - their policy was basically that they owned whatever you uploaded to them. For 3D it was fine, as the images are just an output. Your 3D models were what was really important. DeviantArt wouldn't get your models just because you uploaded a picture using them. With a photo, it's a bit different. Still, I'll consider it. Thank you for the idea!