View Single Post
Old 2010-05-31, 19:19   Link #222
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was not disappointed. Even waiting almost three years it is worth it.
Saw the 12:40pm showing today in San Francisco. There were a little more than 20 people there. Two walked out, but one had complained before the film started about it being more than 2 hours and 40 minutes long, so I think they just had something else to do since they made it to December 19th before they took off.

And 2ch is right in some ways. Americans do laugh at interesting times during the film. Some spots I wouldn't have expected myself (since the scenes were serious, but Kyon's action or reactions could be seen as funny in some lights). Most seem to laugh any time Kyon tried to talk to someone as if things were "normal", but clearly they either don't know him, or have no idea what he was ranting about. Of course they also laughed about any of Kyon's true snarky lines as well.

I think most laughed just about any time Mikuru was overwhelmed.

Also at just about any scene with Kyon's Sister.

It will be in the theater for just less than a week, so if you are in the area and haven;t seen it, I can recommend that you do. ($10 US for a ticket...$8-10 US for parking if you don't take mass transit).

Who knows where it will be shown next...or when it will be out on DVD/Blu-Ray with English subs (or even dubbed for that matter).

Now back to waiting on KyoAni to continue this series.