Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-02, 15:56   Link #205
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
I actually think that this anime does a better job of creating a mysterious world than the first series did. I'm getting a very distinct "One Piece" vibe from the first episode. The introduction did a great job of introducing the world of Hunter x Hunter.
Well I think that's because they kept in the prologue from the manga, which basically explains the world, but still I would have loved to be shown some of the world instead of it just being told to me.

Quote:
Tsubasa Chronicle aired on Saturdays at 6:30 p.m. It's a primetime slot, and it's not geared necessarily to children or adults--it's sort of mid-range. I think that the adaptation was a shame, but I'm not sure that it was due to demographic. Bee Train just did what they typically do--slowed down the pace to a snail's crawl, dulled down the colors, and made it boring.
Funy thing that it actually wasn't Bee-Train's fault, it was the fault of the channel airing the show; NHK, as they forced Bee-Train to put the show in a category for younger audience than the series was originally intended. This was also why the Acid Tokyo arc was avoided like a plague. This much was admitted by the staff involved with the anime.

Quote:
One Piece is still very much present in Japanese media though. There are theme parks, tons of merchandise, and it comes on every weekend in the mornings. It's the Japanese equivalent to a Saturday morning cartoon. Hunter x Hunter could potentially reach a level of popularity similar to that. Despite the frequent hiatuses, the books still sell nearly a million copies each--something that 90% of other series struggle with.
Hunter x Hunter has what it takes to be one of the top selling manga along with One Piece, but Togashi....

If only, If only...

Quote:
I was just throwing out a theory based on that scene in the anime (and one that takes place in the Yorknew City arc).
Spoiler for Hunter x Hunter manga spoilers:

I'm not saying that it's for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was suddenly revealed. Then again, I only started thinking about this after watching the episode
I think it was in the guide book.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote