View Single Post
Old 2012-06-10, 01:31   Link #29089
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Of course when the author is the kind of author that writes a story and thinks "for now I write, I'll decide who's the killer and his reason later, I'll come up with something!" then you can't really figure out what he didn't figure out himself! But I believe this is an example of bad storytelling and not something to be proud of.
You can't really leave proper hints or foreshadowings of something that doesn't exist yet.
I'd like to point out that RK07 touched on this very concept in EP6 when we learned the Gamemaster could change his story right in the middle so long as an answer still existed that fit the reds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
A victory where you are the only one who recognizes it is a solipsistic victory. A solipsist will always be the victor and the best in the world simply for the fact that from that point of view you're the only person existing in the universe. That's even easier than super easy mode.
Actually, based off of the YouTube comments he's gotten, KnownNoMore does have a modest number of supporters. ShKanon is pretty hard to swallow for some, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Edit : Also... I win anytime I read a story I enjoy, I lose every time I waste my time reading a story that annoys me...
And I must admit from that pov it seems a large part of the regulars here "lost" badly at Umineko.
Nah man, everyone here loves Umineko. That's why they're here. And if it seems as though some people here dislike it, I might have to explain Tsundere Theory.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote