View Single Post
Old 2012-04-09, 18:52   Link #238
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
There's a lot of potentially good series you're going to miss out on if you approach everything with that sort of mindset, and that's really sad.

Also, to regard Shiki, Another, or Ghost Hunt as though they are the epitome of the perfect "dark mystery/horror anime series" means that you don't know much about the genre. Comparing it to those shows is NOT a compliment (ESPECIALLY Shiki).
I find it comedy gold of how people like to put words into people's mouth and like to cherry pick and ignore entire posts. When did I ever say Another or Shiki or Ghost Hunt were the epitotome of perfect dark mystery/horror considering I posted this after:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Oh don't get me wrong. I totally agree that Another went off the rails in its last 2 episodes, but for the majority (10 out of 12 episodes) it was pretty solid. Shiki was slow at bits and yes it did have a few "where did this come from" parts. But you know what the difference between this and those two were? Those two didn't present itself from the get go as a silly comedy. I REALLY hate it when anime does this. They promote something as X, but gives you pointless faffing about. Sure, in the future it may get the ball moving, but how many series actually deliver later on. At best its 50%, and that's being very generous. Why should people have to wait at least the 1/3 or 1/2 way mark before it actually gets going. It's one thing to add in lighthearted comedy within your genre context and another thing to overwhelm the context with something unnecessary and just sprinkle what you're 'supposed' to be on the side and expect it to pass. I for one don't tolerate that at all.
Mind giving me good examples of horror/mystery anime then because you know, although not perfect, those three were still pretty good? Don't say Elfen Lied or Higurashi though cause the former was largely mindless killing and the latter had an entire season (first season) of mediocrity before it actually started to be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The thread got so heated with just one episode... interesting. Well, basing expectation in less than 100 word summaries and 30 second trailers is not a good idea to begin with (especially when they come from the ANN omniscient critics) I certainly hope the discussion won't turn out as it did in Nise-
Oh, so I'm a ANN like critic now just because I dislike moe shenenigans where they don't belong and place expectations on synopsises and trailers. Way to generalize!
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote