View Single Post
Old 2012-04-29, 15:27   Link #18
kuromitsu

I dunno, I enjoyed the episode alright, although it did showcase the writing issues in this show. Anyway, more on that later.

Spoiler:

But Mix? Seriously? Why?? Yeah, I'm sure they have their reasons, but was this really necessary? Not just because of Zessica, but... well, I'm just wondering, will we ever see the four main characters (or three, depending on whether you count Kagura as main or not) doing, y'know, main character stuff? Amata and Mikono have flashes of "hey, I'm a main chara!" every now and then that end up hanging in the air, Zessica has gotten a bit more lately, but she pretty much hit a brick wall in this episode, and Kagura... yeah. (Where is he, anyway, in the doghouse again?) Jin and Yunoha was bad enough ("bad" in the sense of "being unnecessarily overdone"), now Andy and Mix? I like all these characters, but at this rate it's going to be Star Driver all over again, with the writer spending too much time on the secondary characters, sometimes throwing a bone or two for the actual protagonists, leading to a confusing and anticlimatic end. (Well, at least as with Star Driver, we can count on the end being fabulous.)

As much as I enjoy this show, between this and the mess that was Ano Hana and the even bigger mess that was the Kenshin Kyoto OVA (*shudder*), I don't see myself becoming a fan of Okada Mari any time soon.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-04-29 at 15:43.