View Single Post
Old 2012-10-14, 16:01   Link #890
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
False: the fact you don't know the mechanics of a given feature or mechanic does not mean you can't call out flaws. That's the same as saying "you don't know how a CTR screen works, so you can't call out the flaws!". Having an understanding of a given item/concept helps, but the way it is used is fairly enough to note flaws and merits.

So instead of using "what if", it would be fairly less a headache if you consider the facts: a victim was -judged- as a latent criminal worthy of a paralyzer, and subsequent therapy.

Also, we are again going in circle, but if the system wasn't flawed, as in: not involving victims in its evualation and/or if the system was able to consider circumstances, the problem wouldn't even be present to begin with.
Assuming the system isn't flawed means that it was right for the system to consider the victim was a "criminal".
Oh calling out flaws is fine and all. I even pointed out that I'm not saying that the system is perfect. To be more precise I'm saying that perhaps the system isn't as crazy as what you guys are trying to make it to be. And of course I wouldn't even be doing this if there was nothing I could use to back up my claims... but well there are such evidences provided by the first episode.

You'll have to forgive me if there's an instance I worded it poorly. But this is pretty much my stance on this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Well yes, I'm actually trying to make the system defensible. Like I said it's only the first episode and we don't really know how the system works and we don't even know how and why was it implemented. Maybe this world isn't really as crazy as you're thinking it to be? Maybe Psycho Pass is actually very accurate?
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote