View Single Post
Old 2010-10-28, 11:40   Link #86
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
The "Thor" ( the 120mm sniper hybird coilgun gunpod ) is an anti-material sniper gunpod. the Dragunov ( the sniper that Mikhail uses ) is more like a Designated Marksmen Rifle. The Thor is more accurate, has more range and firepower.
It is yeah, just remember the rifle is going to be preeeetty large. I mean it's space so we don't have air resistance to care about, so all you need is power to put that round downrange, so a hybrid coilgun is ideal. Only thing I have to add is that Mikhail's gun put plenty of kinetic force into a Vajra, I mean a body shot flat knocked a Vajra a hundred feet sideways before it exploded, and later we see it knock around red ones pretty effectively. That was only a 55mm gun. 120mm like you're talking would have a NUNS pilot go "Ahh! It's on my tail!" then see it get smacked like a rag doll before promptly exploding, if not outright explode, for no obvious reason. Hopefully you'd just make those Vajra outright explode though, so that doesn't leave much evidence for what happened, only hypotheses like a missile misfire or battle damage causing a catastrophic failure.

Also, you may encounter Machida, who is a badass.

Quote:
Two sniper rifles or one sniper while the other has an assault gunpod ?
Whatever works best for the mission specifications and the range the spotter needs to cover. If he'll stay relatively close a standard gun pod may be more suitable.

Quote:
The Dragunov had a muzzle flash didn't it ?
It did, I suspect it's a hybrid as well, I know it's at least a railgun, which is similar to a coilgun.

Quote:
Any idea how the OC keeps a Wyvren in the Frontier without anyone noticing ?
Same way as Brera, like the others mentioned, superior stealth capability, maybe a hidden hangar on a support ship. I think Brera had his on the Dulfim, as he doesn't show up until they rescue that ship. Something similar could be done with another ship, like a fake transport that's actually a hangar, or a condemned island ship like Basara.
Lancel is offline   Reply With Quote