Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-20, 15:31   Link #2669
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Wow, with all the negativity on this thread I actually half thought it was going to be as bad as everyone said it was...

At that point I should've realised that I seem to live in a alternate reality to the rest of the people on this forum.

Personally I enjoyed this finale immensely. I can't say it's characters are as great as the original series but it's story kept me thrilled and engaged from start to finish.

Overall: 8.0/10
I don't know man the show is kind of like the shining example of an objectively bad show. It could barely stay consistent with its internal Canon, had atrociously handled characters and seemed to be actively mocking its viewers in how it all played out. It's just....bad.

@blaat: Sunrise will come in and save the mecha genre from all this slipshod stuff next year somehow, I hold fast to this belief. They just need to get through all this idol crap and sever ties with Level 5. They might not end up making the next revolutionary mecha series but I'm sure they can make something not totally insulting and with a functional cast and premise that makes some sense. Like I said earlier this is so not even remotely as hard as Bones, Satelight, I.G and Xebec are making it look of late. Its almost like they're trying to make these shows bad and utterly insulting to mecha fans.

For the record I would not put Gundam AGE in the same category as this show. It had some issues, mostly with its villains and third heroes motivations but it didn't have a totally insulting cast up and down the board, stayed consistent for the most part and wasn't launching off in random directions every episode. AGE is an example of a mediocre mecha series, Ao is just bad like EVOL.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-11-20 at 15:58.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote