Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 16:28   Link #1351
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
But it looked ugly =02. Plenty of moments in this ep where the animation quality took a big nosedive(not the 1st time in the series, but still..). This being the 1st "real" battle shown in terms of stronger powers, they could have at least choreographed and animated it much better than they did. According to Hero and Demon Queen, the Arctic General was supposed to be one of the strongest demons in the demon world, yet, it barely looks like Female Knight broke a sweat; and she's not even as strong as Hero(which is very unusual for humans to be greatly superior than demons). They should have at least given the impression that he is a force to be reckoned with aside from knocking off a few grunts, and the show failed to give me that impression. And I say this with no regard to the manga version mind you. The music and FK's banter during that fight was superb though.

One thing this ep did do right was the pacing; they managed to stay on one event for the whole episode. And, again, the best moment was Hero/DQ/FK moment which ALWAYS seems to put a smile on my face =03.
Actually, Female Knight is just that strong. She crushes him effortlessly in the manga as well. Hero and his companions exist on a different level of strength entirely.