View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 18:17   Link #57
Maerskian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Since we're having trouble finding things for you, I went back and looked at your original post. Here are some other options that haven't been mentioned.
Thanks a lot for your time

Quote:
I didn't see Nakamura Kenji's Apothecary stories there. I'm guessing you've seen them anyway, but just to be sure, there is "Bakeneko" and its sequel Mononoke. Nakamura has done three other shows for noitaminA -- Kuuchuu Buranko, [C], and most recently Tsuritama. The last one is the most conventional of them all, but was for me the most entertaining since Mononoke. (I'm seeding gg's Kuuchuu Buranko for insurance since there was just one other seed.)
This thread is filled with too much messages already so it's hard to follow, but think i mentioned Mononoke ... in fact Mononoke + Bakeneko are included on my all-time favorites

Also mentioned Kuchuu Buranko .... or to be precise: i attempted to describe it since couldn't remember the name at that time, but yes, i enjoyed this one as well

Didn't knew about Tsuritama, so i'm pretty pumped about this one... specially since there's a standalone player-friendly version to get Yayyyy !!!! Thanks-a-zillion !!!!

Aoi Bungaku
Seen already .... back in the days . I still remember having high hopes for this one back then.... in the end, it wasn't that brilliant, although it was an enterteining watch.

Baccano!
Also watched this one when it was aired; mentioned this already at some point of this thread, but it was ok.... nothing great, just a quick watch, but there's not even many like this one after all

Ghost Hound
Also mentioned at some point of this thread ; yes, another one of my favorites; it's been a while since i don't see any series like this one.... looks like nowadays nobody will be doing something in this vein.... real pity ...

Kurenai

It was already recommended on this thread as well, and is still on the list i made out of this thread. Think i'll copy-paste that list on my next message along with the updated status of the series i'm watching.

Kurozuka
To be honest, didn't recognize this one at first ..... had to read some reviews & see some pics.... but yes, already watched it back then; now i remember, it was quite nice, with potential to be much better, but quite ok

Noein
Already watched this one back then as well
It was ok, had some great animation on some particular chapters, entertaining ... but it was too much action-filled for my taste. Entertaining and must have it stored somewhere... but would need a second watch, maybe ...

Quote:
Real Drive
Had to check my old files to be sure .... but looks like i started this one when started airing. Still have 6 episodes floating around .... but stopped there.
All i can remember is raising my hopes on this one .... i even read some reviews comparing it with GITS and the likes .... and can't understand it.... what i remember was far.... really far from being a great title .... if my memory doesn't betray me, it even included some kind of robotic nurses that felt out of place and made the start of the series boring ....

Not sure what to do with this one.... read it improves after chapter 7 ... maybe it's a candidate for a 2nd chance ?

Quote:
None of these is new, but you didn't mention any of them on your iist. Not all of them would constitute a "favorite," but they are all fairly distinctive. Maybe something there will catch your fancy.
That's the idea. Watched a fair number of series already, but surely missed many as well

Quote:
If you end up liking Usagi Drop, give Ikoku Meiro no Croisee a try. Also apropos of "slice-of-life" shows, an authentic one is Showa Monogatari about the life of a lower-middle-class family in Japan in 1964, the year the Olympics came to Tokyo.
[/QUOTE]

Will add those two to my list, thank you.
I'm having trouble finding a standalone player-friendly version of Usagi Drop .... but will start with it as soon as i find one ... or a way to re-encode what i have
Maerskian is offline   Reply With Quote