View Single Post
Old 2008-03-31, 10:59   Link #255
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Er, I'm spending way too much time complaining about other people's thoughts on anime.
Tell me about it. The main reason I personally take the time to do this, though, is because it helps me understand and flesh out my own feelings and reactions to the show -- putting int words the things I felt instinctively when watching. With a show like this, where understanding is tied to picking up on subtle emotional clues, I think it helps you appreciate the show that much more.

Anyway, I totally agree with your comments. As I think about it, I think your take on the "hot coffee" scene is right on (I knew she was being overly forward/suggestive, hence Shinichirou's reaction, but I had underestimated to what degree), and fits in perfectly with the follow-up scene where she acknowledged that it's up to Shinichirou to make his decision now. Basically, stepping back and regaining her composure. That continued right to the end with Shinichrou's "confession", where she almost plays hard to get for a bit (even though it's pretty darn clear how she feels). There's a lot of banter going back and forth between them throughout the show -- their courtship dance was very interesting to watch, to say the least.