View Single Post
Old 2012-11-28, 14:06   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post
I'm not saying that they have to watch to the show, just if I type out a long list of shows with detailed synopses and reasons why I think the OP will like them, they should at least respond to my reply.

Otherwise I just become more convinced that the best approach is to dash out a quick list of titles with little in the way of description or explanation.

That kind of posting is not good for the Suggestions forum.
I think you're taking a bit of a narrow view. Providing those suggestions isn't only useful for the OP, but it can be useful also to any other posters who are looking for similar suggestions and stumble upon your post. So even if the OP seems to ignore your post, that doesn't mean it wasn't appreciated or isn't helpful to them or to others.

I don't think we can regulate that people be courteous. Of course we don't want people to be outright rude, but simply not posting a response to a well-thought-out suggestion is not proof itself that someone's being rude to you (or to you in particular).

One thing I still think I would still like to do (and I think it was discussed before) is to come up with some standardized recommendation threads for common requests so that, if you're going to spend a bunch of time detailing a recommendation, it can go in a common re-used thread rather than a sort of "disposable" individual request thread.

Other than that, if we were to post anything, I guess it'd just be a courtesy reminder like "Please remember that posters are volunteering their time to help you out; please be courteous and respectful". I'm still not sure if we can compel people to reply to posts, even if they are well thought-out (and even our posting that sort of statement would only go so far...).