View Single Post
Old 2006-10-11, 17:32   Link #100
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I love the character design for the adult Touko. She seems such a real person, and so beautiful, and her depression comes through. I can't remember any design quite like it.
Adult Touko? Do you mean adult Shouko, or Touko Amino? If you mean Shouko then yah I agree... I love her passive stares into infinity, like during the train ride. Her child form is the least interesting of the designs though, IMO. Touko's cool too, she seemed to figure out everyone's situation pretty quickly. Unfortunately I don't see her in the official site's character section, I guess she'll be pretty minor then. Hrm, I had assumed there would be some love-triangle stuff going on with her and Shouko, but if she isn't even listed... maybe this gives more reason to suspect Karada for that role? Assuming they go the love triangle route at all, of course... but even with just the characters they have pictured they could have a few different setups of contesting triangles so I can't see them ignoring them completely.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it more I bet that's exactly what'll happen: 2 triangles, Karada-Shouko-Hiro and Karada-Shouko-Tetsuya. Good enough, I guess, but I hope I'm wrong and they do something more interesting than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
But as for Hagu, I am among the few who actively liked how she was designed. Besides the moe factor, it was also outward demonstration of inner nature, and allowed her to visibly grow over the series (and the manga). Karada is no doubt also made young partly to make her look cute, but I think the story will make use of the contrast in some way.
Well, I was fine with her in the beginning despite it being a little jarring... and I liked how she appeared older in some of the later episodes. I just wish she had more obviously matured (looks wise) by the end.

Last edited by Vulcannis; 2006-10-11 at 19:57.
Vulcannis is offline   Reply With Quote