View Single Post
Old 2007-09-17, 17:16   Link #2266
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Okay now more REAL neta for this thread - Let's talk about Second Season possibilities. No I have not watched 24 yet and I don't plan to unless I have to, but we can always add to the speculations before and after viewing the final show.

One thing is for sure though - they moved the show so fast that the girls has to graduate now. At least the 6 3rd grade girls... BUT... I don't think even Yoshimizu even said that Lucky Star must be all about Kona-chan, no?

Well, think about it. In a slice-of-life show time-line must keep moving in a real world way so that there are neta based on the events like Hanami, festivals, etc. Thus the girls will eventually have to graduate and move on. Unlike Azumanga Daioh, where the manga ended after the main characters graduated, there are MORE girls introduced in school for Lucky Star: the Fujoshi First Graders and their Yuri Mascots. The story AND the anime could continue with THESE girls as the main characters. Kona, Miyuki, and the Twins can still show up, but the main High School characters should be the First graders. Then even more girls can be added when they move to second grade!

I love this idea a lot... because I actually love the seiyuus for Hiroyi and Patti much more (too bad Misao is graduating too... ) Oh man, just think of the Yuri jokes during the obligatory Summer Beach Episode... They just need another Tsundere to make the show work (I personally think no anime is complete without a Tsundere).

As for what happened to the girls, well, I haven't read the manga yet so I might be wrong, so I'll speculate that Tsukasa and Kona both went to the same Short Term college (like Community college in the US), while Kagami and Miyuki goes on some prestigious public school. But given the miracle of anime, the girls should probaly ended up in the same college again, since they're not supposed to be all in Katsukabe KyoEi in the first place.

So please offer your speculation on what the second season is all about. No I don't want to hear no "there's no second season" crap. Faith, people! We need to have faith!
I think I'll just add to how probable it is to have a second season (although I hope it'll be shorter and different) or an OVA.

First of all, Yoshimizu Kagami has not called it quits with the manga yet. In fact, as long as Comptiq exists, he'll probably get a lot of money keeping it up. (Although personally, I'd like the author to move on to normal manga formats like Azumanga Daioh to Yotsuba&.)

Second, Lucky*Star took over Akihabara. If I'm allowed to say this is in a brutal fashion, at some point it will make no sense not to keep earning money off of this. SHnY 2 is the shining example of that. All they have to do is let it all cool down and perhaps have the second season / OVA feature the series in a more creative direction, perhaps even with a storyline (because, really, with all the character development set out, it's such a fan work heaven that KyoAni can actually jump into this too).

So here's three outcomes that I'll be interested in seeing (and really nothing else):
1) KyoAni makes a second season of Lucky*Star in a drastically different creative direction. That means either give it a storyline or make it something else other than what we're seeing right now. If I'm going to get sick of a style I don't want it to be Lucky*Star's, and I don't want it to be slice-of-life in general.

2) Like Negima, another studio grabs it and makes an alternative series out of it. As long as it's in good humor and it's done right (SHAFT, don't make it another PPD), I don't mind who gets it.

3) An OVA, preferably about the light novel.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote