View Single Post
Old 2010-09-14, 12:30   Link #20
Akka

Liked this season about as much as the first. Better production value in my eyes, and still the very pleasant banter and overload of cuteness from the protagonist.

Yep, Horo feels a bit different, easier to provoke and everything else. It seemed rather logical : she IS starting to become troubled. First season was all about being flirty and nice and falling in love. Second season is about starting to take this love into account and all the problems it may cause. She's more touchy because she's more involved.

Unlike others, I didn't felt "Will they or won't they ?". They pretty much admitted they were in love in S1. They just didn't vocalized it. But honestly, except for the sexual part, they just ARE a couple. They have been holding hand, hugging and openly talking about jealousy since half the first season, it's not really like if they were even pretending that they were not an item.

The only part that made me a bit uneasy is the greediness of Lawrence. Sure he's a merchant, and sure he always remember that Horo is more important than anything else. But his willingness to start dubious business despite the obvious risk of derailing hint at a darker part of him that contrast vividly with his candid nature. Of course it could just be a well-fleshed-out character that is not perfect.

All in all, a very enjoyable moment. I just want a S3 now :'(