Thread: Licensed X-Men (Madhouse)
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-26, 02:18   Link #387
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say this has definitely been the best of the Marvel anime that they've released so far. The only major negative was the bizarre and stupid decisions made by Yui. But if we just throw her to the side the rest was pretty much fine. I mean sure Storm could have been used a lot better, but really it could have been worse.

In the end Hisako was a pretty nice character overall. Was useful to help show off more about the X-Men, but also grew to be a strong character in her own right. Being tied tightly into the plot helped too. Besides the fancy glowing armor was solid .

Even though the series dealt with ugly things like outright hate against mutants, organ trafficking, inhuman experiments, in the end love and friendship saved the day . Though really it wasn't badly handled.

I wasn't really surprised by the Iron Man cameo. They've done a decent job doing that for all the series so far. Wolverine helped out Iron Man, Scott gave Wolverine a lift in his anime, and Iron Man helped out during this crisis. Was nice thought to see some of the X-Men that weren't part of this series like Nightcrawler and Rogue.

Good job Jean. I mean really she helped the Professor when he was struggling to even get to the location, helped Scott during the mind battle, and woke everyone up at the end in this episode. Staying busy even though she died in the first episode.

Nicely done leaving it open to a sequel down the road. Think this could have the most success there since there really is a number of situations they could run into with the Magneto bit at the end being the most obvious. Plus with a large cast plenty of room for character development. But who knows.

Funny scene at the end with Scott handing the necklace to Hisako. Wolverine pretty much had to break it up since Scott was getting a bit too much attention from the girls there . Might as well point out how they are kind of stranded thanks to their back-up jet crashing. The budget for that year is taking a hit .