View Single Post
Old 2012-06-26, 14:22   Link #359
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
You're out of luck gg is it. I've been collecting to watch with relatives and they're all that's out there.
Daaamn. :/ Well, at least it's been licensed in an English speaking country, maybe the official translation will be better. (What makes me sad is that this will be the fansub that gets translated to various languages, and people will accept this as the definite translation... :/ sigh.)

Quote:
In my limited experience there's almost always something more to it that gets them out of bed in the morning, at least at first, but then again mere boredom can be a powerful motivator...
No, I mean - I'd reckon Aquarion is something of a pet project for Kawamori, which is why he returned to it when he had the opportunity. Obviously something like Genesis wouldn't be too popular today (it wasn't particularly successful back then, either), so let's enlist a popular writer for her creative input, focus more on the romance side of things, add some twists and turns to spice things up...

Quote:
Repeated applications of Occam's razor will get me there eventually I'm sure.

Quote:
Tastes differ. For me the show had three hooks: fun goofy antics, a fun lighthearted romance between Amata and Mikono, and a potentially thematically interesting alternative to that if Zessica had won Amata over. The first just disappeared a bit after the midpoint, the bad writing wore out the welcome on the second, the third didn't happen and the appearance of the possibility was just a result of baffling decisions.
Well, as you said tastes differ - I think it was a pretty fun ride, despite all the bumps and crashes. (I suppose it helps that I'm pretty shallow and that after a certain point just tend to take things as they come... also that it takes a lot for me to dislike something I already like just because of sucky writing.) Not that there weren't things that soured the enjoyment, but overall I had fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
All in all, it was enjoyable (both the anime despite its faults and reading the discussions here). Don't know if I should watch Genesis after knowing how it ends and all that...
Do what I do and convince yourself that Evol is AU and has no bearing on Genesis. Genesis is most definitely worth watching - not for the plot or the romance, but for basically everything else. (Just avoid the OVAs/movie if you prefer Aquarion to be fun and lulz and weird.)