View Single Post
Old 2007-01-26, 14:05   Link #78
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Just finished watching vol. 2, what a rush. I like how the creators manage to mix both comedy and drama and have it all flow naturally. There's never a moment where it feels inappropriate. Bonus points for Daikuuji for stealing every scene she's in and having secret connections. Who was that woman anyway?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, on the other hand, they split all 14 episodes on 3 DVDs, instead of more-usual 4 which would've afforded more extras. I think that's pretty telling. I'm not necessarily saying that we should just be grateful that we got anything at all, but at the same time I think we have to realize that this probably isn't something Funimation can afford to splurge on in the current market. Certainly, though, if you have the ~$400 to get the R2 release, and can still find all the firstpress releases, it's definitely nicer (you get what you pay for...).

That being said, I should also point out that a lot of R1 DVDs don't have colour booklets, trading cards, OSTs, or much in the way of extras -- and in fact, a lot of R2 releases are the same way. It really varies widely.
Still they could have at least gotten some better artwork for the DVD case.