View Single Post
Old 2008-02-20, 12:25   Link #193
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
I don't know why some people are expecting something as extreme as a young character sleeping with another in this show. Sure there are deep emotions and heartbreak but I don't expect anything beyond kisses and embraces. It's been pretty tame so far and it is based on a romantic visual novel that is'nt considered hentai, more like ecchi which is much tamer than hentai. The game and anime have different stories and characters but they usually tone down anime instead of making them more risque.

If you're comparing it to School Days or Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien you have to realize they were based on h-games so the anime versions still had significant mature content even after toning it down.
I agree thats why i stand where i do True Tears has been pretty tame and i cant see it take a huge leap in another direction by having young characters sleep with one another. It would actually kill the tone of the show, as i dont feel i would be as emotionally invested anymore. At most we are going get some kissing and embracing like Cloudninja stated. If im wrong i will admit it later but im 99.9% sure that we will see no such thing. Most likely we will see a kiss between Jun and Hiromi as a plot device and of course Shin will either see or hear about this kiss which will further fuel the flames.

Changing the subject for a bit im hoping that we get some more screen time of Shins dad. My theory is when we have reached the point where he is in every episode that means the truth about the past will be getting reveled. In episode 7 they brought the dad in only to have him ask what Shins mom said to him and that was it. They are going to use him as a means to divulge information to us the audience and to possibly Shin and Hiromi most likely only Shin at first.