View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 03:32   Link #7484
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I dislike things that Alto has done. There is a difference between disliking a character and disliking his or her actions. I've also stated before how I disliked things that Sheryl did too.
Disliking a character is also different than hating them. They can have good moments where you really love them and sections where you almost hate them, it is a spontaneous thing.
However, I have never hated Alto. His best sides were always shown with Ranka - be a caring, loving person, sharing a dream with someone else, and accepting their flaws - whereas he could be entirely the opposite with Sheryl - putting on a mask and being defensive for literally no reason at times. A woman who brings out the worst in a man is not someone he should be with. That is why Ranka should be with him. She brought out his pure smile, his true light, and made him happy despite her flaws. And, in respect, he did the same for her. She shined best whilst doing things for him (for example, the concert on Galia 4, a birthday present to Alto; and, for Alto, the talk at Griffith Park where she sings for him and later accepts his - and his mother's - dream to fly). They both got things from one another.
Sheryl may inspire Alto but as far as I am concerned, I never saw anything that pointed towards Alto having romantic feelings for Sheryl. Since the story tended to focus on the girls' feelings more, it is safe to say that Sheryl did in fact develop feelings for Alto. However, if that love is one-sided - as it appears in my point of view - I hardly believe their intention was to set the two up. Personally, I would believe it more had they set it up where Alto was a little more proactive about her from the start rather than being proactive with Ranka. He never showed an interest in Sheryl romantically. Sexually, yes; friendship-wise, yes; but not romantically. You can care about someone being ill without loving them as a soul mate.

By the way, if we continue this discussion, let's move it to the Romance Thread since we're in the wrong one for such a discussion.
Alright, fair enough. We don't have to continue much, the other aspects have been hashed out again and again, so I'll let it lie here. I've just been wondering about that, you are far from the first Ranka fan on this board who has expressed ( more or less ) severe reservations against Alto, so it has always been a question for me why you guys want him so much to be with Ranka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaokura View Post
To think a picture I posted would start this kerfluffle. My bad, you guys.:
Nah, nobody is having major bad feelings here, it was just a curious question of mine. No kerfluffling of any kind going on.