View Single Post
Old 2013-07-18, 02:14   Link #4070
csuree
The Most Hated™

Even if you say AW is augmented reality, it still does not change the biological fact that the signal transmission from one neuron to the other in the best case is 119 metres/second. this is rather slow if you accelerate your wold by 1000x. In AW the ocial cameras make a digitalized environment but they do not touch nothing in the biological realm of human perceiving speed, this is why AW is just child fantasy story, and SAO is like a blueprint for the future technological advances, because all of the tech described in SAO, can be achieved eventually in the future.

Sorry I do not want to offend any AW fans out there, even though I watched the anime until the end. This was only my opinion on the subject

The fluct light theory proposes that the soul is just quantum energy signal linked to the living body. well we do know that in the macro and the micro-universe of particles and energy the speed limit is 300.000 km/second, and that makes things possible to accelerate. But it still needs the device (STL) to read your quantum signature and make a copy of it on the "server".

Also about teaching the AI human feelings and emotions and the power of choice.....doesn't that sound like a Terminator scenario? eventually they will rise against humans.....
And also the AI in UW is just human soul in the machine.....so they are people too.
Humans have a long history of wars based only on the reason "You are different". If you teach this to a machine eventually conflict will erupt on the same reason.