View Single Post
Old 2009-08-17, 17:07   Link #239
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I don't thin it's such a big deal to discipline your childs, better than them being annoying brats all their life.

Spoiler for higurashi rei:
Ehhh... I don't think child abuse stops kids from being brats. There are just certain ways to raise certain kids, I doubt giving them deep emotional scars and mental issues is "proper" at all, in any situation. They're kids, the one who should know better is the adult left in charge of them.

Satoko became a kind person because of the hardships she went through... however, with her brother and parents she became a bit spoiled. Neither are ideal, there has to be a good balance between them where she gets to keep her family AND still be a kind person.

The same goes for Maria, she isn't a horrible child, she just needs a different method of being raised. Up until this point hitting her hasn't worked, so why would it end up working when she's finally an adult? Rosa can't keep this up, she should've stopped long ago. (She shouldn't have even started actually... slapping your child THAT violently is just terrible, some kids need a spanking, but what she does is crossing the line. ^^; )