Thread: Licensed Kore wa Zombie Desuka?
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-15, 18:43   Link #1072
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I doubt she'll be able to retrieve Kyoko anytime soon. That king of the night guy doesn't seem like he's easy to find.

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet: was anyone else surprised to learn there are millions of magiclad girls? I expected them to be a rather small faction. Something in the hundreds, maybe thousands, but not millions.
Yeah, I also has the same thought as you, thousands at most but I didn't really expecting millions. And only one person, Dai-sensei to manage them...Are they really that short on manpower? I'd imagine the training session will be like this:

Dai-sensei: Okay, all of you here has passed the rigorous tests and proved worthy to become a Masou Shoujo. And now, the secret behind being a Masou Shoujo is....Nomobuyo, Oshi, Hashitawa, Dokeda, Gunmicha, De, Ribura! Yup, that's all it takes to become one, the rest is self-study by experimenting your magic against Megalos! Oh, and Student #ID 191091 Haruna, can you try and find me some Kyoutofu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Big development for Ayumu x Yuu pairing at the end of ep 6.
Yup, if Ayumu is denied his harem end I definitely liked Yuu the best of his harem so far. I mean, he literally can't live without her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She can use it on plants, and in fact she did it in this episode (albeit unwittingly in this particular case). When she uttered the word "die", the tree behind Kyoko died. I think the land became barren as well but it's hard to tell since there wasn't much grass on the ground to begin with. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure Yuu's power can affect all living things.

It's obviously no masterpiece, but it's above average, at least among the anime I'm watching this season. And way above average when compared to anime of the same genre. It's got a little je-ne-sais-quoi that makes it stand out from the crowd for me.
Oh okay, thanks for that, I failed to notice the destroyed tree the first time. I thought the tree was destroyed when Yuu deflects Kyouko's magic, but it seems to be a different one. Really, that mean Yuu is crazy powerful indeed, her upper limits consists of killing with just a word, and her range is literally as vast as her imagination can bring her. Some strategy and creativity, I'm really glad Yuu is in their side...

I agree with you, it's definitely no masterpiece, but despite some flaws in execution this is exactly everything I want in a harem anime, a respectable male lead surrounded by girls that aren't annoying, even with bonus action scenes. Very enjoyable to watch, even on repeated viewings. Sure that may come from the LN, and the flaws are mostly Deen's fault, but even so kudos for DEEN to pick a good source in the first place.

Btw, sorry I'm too lazy to find a dictionary or even open google, but what does je-ne-sais-quoi mean exactly?