View Single Post
Old 2012-01-25, 10:40   Link #24237
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
A question for all you model junkies.

With the upstart of 1/144 RG line which are very close to MG except in size, do you think this will affect MG releases in the future as MG moves more and more towards PG quality wise?

Bandia can't maintain every model line financially, eventually recession will come.

I see 3 scenarios:

a) MG will become more rare with only a few releases a year, RG will become standard mainline modeller grade, PG will become exstinct, HGUC will stop.

b) MG will continue normaly, RG will be slower and just replace HGUC as general fanline. HGUC will see alot less releases. PG will remain, but just 1 every 3-4 years.

c) RG will fail and stop, more MG will come (min 2 per month), HGUC will go more general then just UC. PG remains mistery.

I'm a 1/100 MG man myself, i bought a RG strike because i'm a strike fan, but now i hesitate to get a RG freedom. So do we jump on teh wagon of RG or not?
Or~

The Real Grade will replace the High Grade. High Grade kits IMO seem like a total waste. They're decent and you get what you paid for, but when there's a far better quality kit in the same scale (i.e. the Real Grade), why would you want to get the High Grade version...ya know?

I'm more MG or 1/100 NG myself, but if I had to choose, I'd say the HG line will die out in favor of the RG.

And MG kits are getting less and less in the GunPla community. I'd say that eventually Bandai is going to only do lead Gundams in MG.