View Single Post
Old 2013-05-27, 17:28   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Interview's out.

http://www.wakanim.tv/dossier/16/5/i...-kosaka-takaki

Things that caught my interest:
  • If somebody asked him to work on a Saya no Uta adaptation, he'd do it. However, he would rather make something new.
  • He constrained himself as much as he could when writing Fate/zero, even though Nasu gave him a lot of leeway and told him he could ignore some plot points.
  • He'd be happy to write another story set in the Nasuverse.
  • He used Bayside Shakedown as an inspiration to write Psycho-pass, since the director of the series had worked on this licence. He figured his script would be accepted this way.
  • For Madoka, he was asked from the start by the producers to make a very dark magical girl series. He says he had difficulties writing it and that most of it was salvaged by Shaft's artistic sense.
  • He says there's something evil inside him that he can channel through writing. Thanks to that he could avoid becoming a criminal lol
  • Madoka's third movie will divide the fans. He's ready to face the consequences.
  • Urobuchi provided the original concept of Gargantia but a lot of things were changed when Murata joined the project. Gargantia is stronly influenced by Murata. He created the whole fleet concept and was the one who named it Gargantia.
  • He believes he is perfectly able to write something different from his usual stories i.e. not filled with despair. However, producers always ask him for dark and gripping stories (Gargantia seems to be an exception, as he was asked to write a story that could cheer young people on). The interviewers asked if he'd be willing to write slice of life stories, and he says he's already experimenting with that in Gargantia. He gives other writers the main guidelines and let them do as he wishes since slice of life is not his strong suit.
  • Urobuchi used to make educational games for kids.