Thread: Fire Emblem
View Single Post
Old 2008-03-20, 15:34   Link #86
TurinTurambar200

Geneology of the Holy War feels a lot like a different creature compared to other FE games. Well, not as much as FE2 Gaiden, but that was the only game that had such incredibly long and huge chapters along with infinitely repairable items as well as multiple castles on a map (unless 1 and 3 had them too. I never played those two). What made me really like FE4 was probably the 2nd generation skills system. Its a great thing to try to mix and match and just have alot of fun with. I forget who was it that you pair with Lex (Axe Knight), but it resulted in a mage child with both Wrath and Ambush. The child didn't have have a good mag growth as a result but it was still fun playing around with various combinations. I think pairing your two swordmasters in the first generation gave you a son that had both Lunar Sword and Meteor Sword (Astra) as well, which is AWESOME.

All in all though, I still like FE10 better. Ike is a far better lord than Celice (better than Sigurd as well despite the fact that the latter is pretty awesome in his own right). The story line simply feels much better as well. Lastly, as awesome as the divine weapons were, they basically turned into pure and utter win buttons except for the final boss. I'm looking at you Holsety, you and your +20 spd. (I'm not saying they made the game too easy. Anyone that tried to recruit Hannibal knows that was one giant nightmare of a scenario). FE10 is really lacking in the Support Convo department though...

On the topic of Thracia 776, alot of it is really...weird. For example, iirc, Leaf is presented as 15 in the game, but for the game to take place at 776, Leaf could only be 13 (correct me if I'm mistaken). That and the fact that the stats all cap at 20 feels really weird to anyone playing the game right after FE4. (Again, Holsety with +20 spd)
TurinTurambar200 is offline   Reply With Quote