Thread: Crunchyroll Lance N' Masques
View Single Post
Old 2015-12-19, 14:54   Link #231
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
I think the problem is you're not the target audience of the show. If you watched the preview and understood Japanese a bit you'd figured out it was a show targeting lolicons.
There's even a Makio dakimakura
And there's literally nothing wrong with Yotaro being a closet lolicon
Makio's the cutie and yes they have a dakimakura, just like they do of almost every cutie in every show I know of, but that doesn't necessarily mean that this was made for lolicons who want to ship Youtarou with Makio. Yes, the preview CAN be taken to imply a loli romance as you seem so insistent on encouraging, but it's entirely a matter of interpretation. The preview I saw, at least, has nothing that suggests anything different from the show itself, which again has nothing to contradict a platonic relationship between a knight protector and his princess charge.

And Blueknight, try watching a few more shows through with child characters. Just because a guy is with a little girl doesn't mean he wants her or will come to want her at any time in the future. You seem to have decided straight from the get-go that since it's a guy protecting and staying with a little girl he must be a pedophile. This is incredibly erroneous and frankly offensive. Not everyone who looks at a little girl is undressing her with his eyes, you know. I for one would not immediately assume that a guy who plays with a little girl wants to do that sort of thing, and if he kissed her hand or cheek, I'd be more inclined to suspect he's her brother who's playing around or showing affection rather than a pedophile who thinks romance could bloom. Yes, there were a couple times where they MIGHT have been pandering to the lolicons who undoubtedly watched this, but that doesn't mean that Youtarou's behavior was ever in any way, shape or form inappropriate. In Aishiteruze Baby, Kippei is suggested to have dressed and undressed Yuzu, who's one year younger than Makio, and even gone into the bath with her. Would you call him a lolicon?

Additionally, wanting to be a hero who protects maidens doesn't necessarily mean you want to go out with every maiden you rescue. Especially in the classical chivalry that this series claims the knighthood is based upon: most of the time the knight was saving the maiden in order to save the maiden, and one or both of them were promised to others if not married. By the standards of chivalry, you rescue those in trouble and behave with a certain courtesy and honor regardless of the person you're with. You kiss the hand of a crone and a child barely out of diapers alike, and treat both like fair maidens worthy of utmost honor and respect. By modern eyes, yes, it would be easy to look at the behavior of a classical knight toward a girl and say he's interested in her and going about it in a stupid way, but that's part of the point of Youtarou's situation: he was raised to behave toward all girls in a way that by modern standards is awkward, flamboyant and overly-familiar. When he rescues a six-year-old he looks like a pedophile; when he rescues a classmate he looks like a freaky otaku. Neither is true, but he still struggles constantly to quell the rumors.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2015-12-19 at 15:25.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote