Thread: Licensed Hyakka Ryouran SAMURAI GIRLS
View Single Post
Old 2010-09-04, 22:28   Link #159
Iron Maw
Banned

This didn't turn out to badly surprisingly. I agree with most people when they say that the art is definitely it's strongest point, though ink bots did start to feel overused after awhile. The writing is pretty much terrible as expected and the whole "GLORIOUS NIPPON!" bits doesn't help either, but considering the staff and production studio I never had hopes to begin with. The plot could endup being halfway decent by the end, but till then so far this just a guilty pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
So far, 2channel has been pretty negative about this show, mainly based on the art style and the idea that it is a rip-off of other shows (Ikkitousen, Queen's Blade, Sekirei). But there are beginning to be some more positive posts, now that the first wave of know-it-alls has passed. One I liked from the Yuuki Aoi thread: "This may not be the most original recent show, but the good drawing, tempo, and seiyuus leave me satisfied."
Personally, I think it's a rather valid criticism especially when the only thing that stands out from this show is the art. How much this bothers a person is up to the viewer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
...when you have a hot chick falling from the sky buck naked in the first episode, I strongly suggest jettisoning any discussion pertaining to logic, originality or depth and welcome the delicious boobs with open hands.

Also I want to slap Hanzo in the face for being annoying.
You forgot the foreigner dual welding TWO-HANDED SWORDS CUTTING DOWN PLANES... yeah it's best just look at this as a "genderbent" version of Sengoku Basara and shut your brain-off.

Agreed on Hanzo, I don't mind ditsy villains as long as it's not overdone, but she and her squad seem more "Team Rocket" style fodder more than anything resembling a threat.

Better off sticking to being Senhime's concubine.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote